Early morning at Lake Rotoiti, Nelson Lakes National Park, Nelson, New Zealand.
Life is particularly manic at the moment and I find myself longing for a morning that isn’t full of obligation. My desires are fairly simple:
1. An early walk by water, preferably where I can watch either the sunrise or mist clearing for the day.
The sun rising over Larkings Landing, Beach Haven, Auckland. From Hobsonville Point.
2. A well-made latte, no froth.
3. A croissant; crisp and slightly warm.
4. Some peaches; preferably Golden Queen .
Golden queen peaches; my perfect breakfast.
5. A copy of The Guardian, or the Observer.
6. A comfortable chair.
7. The sun on my face.
8. Knowing the boy-child is ok (though not necessarily present)
9. The Big T, who understands companionable silence (definitely present).
10. An empty page in my calendar so that I can enjoy all of the above.
Here are some other “10 Things” posts I’ve enjoyed. You might too.